Thursday, December 4, 2008

Boy or Girl?...

So Hank and I had our first ultrasound and we know the sex of our baby!!! But first the results from the questionnaire:

We asked 30 people


17 people said girl

13 people said boy

...and the right answer is...lets see if you can see it for yourself (sorry about the bad quality of these images, I don't have a scanner)




This is baby's head. The ultrasound guy called it the "Monster face pose". Baby moved around so much and was curled up the whole time, so we didn't get a profile. I still think baby is cute.



I know it blurry, but you can barely make out where it says gender...I think its pretty apparent, we are going to have a hearty, healthy, well endowed...BOY!

So that means everyone can welcome Henry Samuel Florence V to the family. We have another ultrasound picture of little Sam yawning. It shows his nose. After the ultrasound guy pointed it out to us he typed "Dad's big nose". So little Sam already has some Henry characteristics. I am thrilled as all can be, I wouldn't have it any other way. I love the idea of little Sam being a nice big brother someday. It is also exciting because little Sam will be my parent's first Grandson. I am already feeling like the 5 months of sickness have been worth it. Like I said I wouldn't have it any other way.

22 comments:

Lindsay said...

Yea for boys!!! We are so excited for you guys!!!

Trevor said...

Calvin and Sam are going to be best buds!

Shelly said...

I just knew it! Congratulations! I'm so excited for you guys.
Michelle C.

Carson said...

Wow! I am so excited for you! Yay for little boys.

The Wards said...

Oh the possie that Ollie, Calvin, and Sam will create! I can feel the cousin loving! It is thick and wonderful!

Heather Melo said...

I'm SOOOOO happy for you! And I'm so happy you're feeling better these days! We can't wait to meet little Sammy!

Sarah said...

Congrats!!! Seriously, it seems like everyone is having a boy that is due in the spring. Tyler finds out tomorrow...we'll see... I will see you saturday or sunday!

Anonymous said...

congrats!!! em and I are so happy for you.

Aubrey said...

I can't even tell you how excited I am for you!! My little boy is a handful... so watch out! You are going to be a great mommy!!

Katie Rod said...

Hooray for boys! It's been fun being a mom to a little boy.

Unknown said...

You are right, I think that is definitely a boy! How exciting! I am pretty sure I guessed boy, so Yay me! And yay you!

Sarah said...

Congratulations! He can still be good friends with our girl! :) They just can't date for 21 years.

Kika VilaNova said...

Congrats!!!
Just one questions, if his name is Henry Samuel why did you refer to him as little Sam? Will he go by his middle name? Then why not call him Samuel Henry? I am confused :)

hugs!!

Whitney said...

Congrats you two! I am so happy for you guys.

Chantelle said...

I am so thrilled for you...congrats! (:

katie said...

That is awesome! I was sad someone spoiled the surprise on facebook, ah well...

Andrae said...

Congrats!!!! That is so exciting!!! If it is any consolation I am part of the 5 months deathly ill club when pregnant :) So I can completely relate to being relieved to have survived!

whitney said...

Yay!yay! for boys! I think you, in particular, will be a great boy-mommy. As an added bonus, baby boy clothes comes in a huge range of colors...unlike girl clothes which come in light pink, medium pink, and sometimes purple :P

Will & Cheyenne said...

You are so funny! No doubt about it, huh!? I sure hope you are feeling a little better now.

Lauren Davison said...

Hooray! Congrats!

Kristyn said...

Congratulations!! How exciting! You two will be the best little parents to the best little boy. I think I guessed twins in the poll, I'm sure you're glad I'm wrong. :)

Unknown said...

Congratulations! If this Henry Samuel Florence is anything like the ones I knew (Henry Jr and Sam) He will grow up to be a great man.