Sunday, March 8, 2009

My Fun Weekend!

I had a really fun weekend and felt that it was blog worthy. Friday night I went to work as usual and was greeted by two Darth Vaders who solemnly confessed that they were going to kill me. We spent the evening destroying things with our light sabers, including the star wars village that we rebuilt several times for the purpose of wrecking. They are going through a star wars phase right now and when I have nights like this, I just think "I am so excited for my boy".



Saturday morning my sister-in-law Heather and her two daughters Alicey and Olivia came with me to a Puppet festival in Salt Lake. It was pretty awesome!



These are my two nieces. We were collecting some free puppet-making stuff.



This puppeteer has been in the business for 50 years and his show was incredible! This isn't the greatest picture, but he somehow made it look like his marionette blew up that balloon. All of his acts blew my mind. His name was Freddie Spencer is anyone wants to look him up.



The guy on the right is actually one of Hank's professors, that's how I knew about the show. He handmade all of his marionettes. His show was a really quirky Shakespeare themed performance. Hank helped with some of the recorded voices, which was fun to hear. I was really impressed. His name is Nat Reed.




After the puppet festival my wonderful sister-in-laws threw me a baby shower! This the whole getting ready picture... We ate



 played Games



And opened presents... it was such a blast, I felt so loved! 


2 comments:

Katie Rod said...

Wha?? Hank was invited to the shower? He sure is a brave soul. I don't think Tom could last 5 minutes at one. We are so excited for your baby to get here soon!!!!

katie said...

I had a blast at the baby shower! You and Hank are super awesome!