Thursday, December 10, 2009

So much to update!

So much has happened in the last few weeks and I am just being horrible at updating it all! Where to begin? Oh yes...my sister's visit.

My oldest sister Sarah and her family came to visit the weekend before Thanksgiving. We took this family picture in the botanical gardens near our home.We had the best time. Don't I have a nice family? Except my brother is missing from this picture...he is Brazil and boy do we all miss him.


This is Sam with his cousin Elliott. He's showing off his piano playing skills. Elliott is less then impressed. She's already mastered the instrument.


Avery is 4 and one of the funniest girls I've met. While she was visiting she performed for us, gracing the family with her talents in gymnastics, dancing , singing and even joke telling. From this picture I can deduce that she is itching to show her grandpa up on the guitar.


The next weekend was Thanksgiving. Hank and I live near both parents so we had two thanksgivings dinners. So fun, so full. The first Thanksgiving consisted of a long hike my mom took my Dad, sisters and myself on. My mom is a BIG hiker she has been all over the Santa Monica mountains and can name most any plant we come across. We sorta blazed our own trail from a place off Decker Canyon. Sam loved it, slept a lot and seem quite intrigued. I am making a fist in this picture because my Dad said he thought the boulder in the back looked like a fist.


My mom and sisters. My mom has her hiking face on. Now you know why she is so skinny.


After our first Thanksgiving we headed over to the Florence parents' household. Marty made a little thanksgiving plate for Sam. Look how touched he is!


She also made some mashed potatoes special for him. He wasn't as excited about those.


We were so lucky because Hank's uncles were visiting from his mom's side as well as Pa his grandpa. Pa is such a sweet man. You can tell how much Sam loves him.


That weekend was Hank's cousin's wedding. We spent the day at the wedding and then hung out for the rest of the evening with Hank's Aunt, uncle and cousins. We really had an amazing time. Sam stole a dance with the bride. What a charmer.


Here we are at my Parent's ward Christmas party. The holidays are in full swing and we certainly are enjoying them so far. I have realized more and more how blessed Hank and I are to be around so many family members and friends. Sam is able to see people he loves all day. Its been so nice.


Sam loves horseplay...this video is proof.


9 comments:

eebs said...

Leah, your family is so highly attractive. when will I meet this sam?!!? someday soon I hope.

secwalker said...

I love it when you post! Avery and I have just watched that video about 20 times and were laughing hysterically each time! I also got a little tear in my eye because we had such a great time and we miss you all so much. sigh.

secwalker said...

Also, Avery mentioned, spontaneously that "grandpa" looked very handsome in the picture, so you might pass that on :)

ted fulton said...

Ok, I don't know you guys but the pillow in the face video was hilarious. Your blog came up when I was searching hiking in the Santa Monica Mountains. Anyone with an interest in the Santa Monica Mountains will find this site of interest: www.savethemeadow.com
The state is trying to build an RV park along scenic Mulholland Highway at the old Reagan Ranch which is now part of Malibu Creek State Park. Your comments on the project(Or your mom's) would be greatly appreciated.

The Wards said...

The excitement is great in our house. You are a family after our own heart, that pillow antic is so Martin. We currently measure time in our lives by when you are coming to visit. Katya knows EXACTLY when you will be here!

Will & Cheyenne said...

Such a great video!!

Only in CA would Hank being wearing flip-flops at the Ward Christmas Party!! It's been 7 degrees up here the last few days.

whitney said...

I had a to laugh a little too at Hank's Christmas party outfit. Gee, think y'all are in California? ;)

As for Sam, he's just so adorable with his little cue-ball head. Soooo cute!

Oh, and I'm super-jealous that Sam has a cousin named Elliott. I wanted to use that name soooo bad for Georgia. *sigh*

Marjie said...

From your secret viewer Aunt Marjie-- That "fist" rock is actually an ear on a rock that looks like a pig--Am I the only one that saw that? And for Hank's outfit at the Christmas Party--I didn't even notice--it's normal CA attire--that's why we live here. :-) Beautiful pictures--thanks Leah. (And you might want to consider going private--just a thought).

Mike Walker said...

I just noticed that Anna is standing on a flat rock, giving her an extra couple of inches. Pretty sneaky move--I didn't even notice her lugging that rock around. :)