Sunday, October 3, 2010

My fearless little guy

One of the libraries near me does this cool thing every Thursday where they bring out all sorts of toys and activities and lets anyone who wants to participate go at it. Sam was very intense as he played and genuinely didn't realize when he was knocking kids over and taking their toys. It's hard to keep up with him! I wish I got a dollar for every time I hear "is this your son?"
Here is another example of Sam's confident and rambunctious personality. A few girls from the ward meet at this park every week where there is a little water play area. Well, recently the water hasn't been on so on this particular day I didn't being any water gear with me. It happened to be a hot day and so the water was going. Sam was so determined to get in the water. I threw off his clothes and let him roam with his diaper (which got so full of water it split open spilling those jelly crystal things everywhere). There were plenty of kids his age there that day, but no one dared play in the water. So Sam played along side two ten year old boys. Everyone was laughing at how fearless he was being, especially since he kept falling, getting hurt, crying to me and then marching right back in. Nothing stops this boy!
 Sam and I went to the Loomis eggplant festival this weekend and had a really good time. I swear there is a festival or carnival going on every weekend! I love where I live!  He is enjoying a lollipop he won from a spinning wheel raffle. He's too cool to show how excited he is.
 He did not want to leave the coach. Anything with wheels is just magical to him.

 We went through a kid's corn maze. It was quite pretty and a great contained area for him to roam and roam. He kept falling and finally just decided to eat his cushions.

I blew up a bunch of balloons the other night and made a little barricade and set Sam in it. I then would hit all the balloons frantically so they swarmed around him. Sam got so overwhelmed with joy and excitement he started convulsing and then face planted on the tile floor resulting in a  bloody nose. It took a little consoling and he was back. I admire his determination to get the most out of everything!

3 comments:

whitney said...

Ahhh, what a little trooper you have! He is most definitely one brave cookie!

Gramma Marty said...

You are raising a skydiving, bungee jumping, Mt Everest climbing maniac!!! I love it! You are such a wonderful mother, wife, daughter, and friend.

Will & Cheyenne said...

He is such a cutie!