Saturday, November 15, 2008

Diantha's Crossing Premier

We went to Hank's premier for "Diantha's Crossing" last night and it was pretty awesome. This was a movie he was in the church produced and was basically put together by BYU students, except for a few professionals. I was really impressed with it. It's historical, about a woman who grew up in the early church and the movie takes place near the end of her life. It address a lot of universal themes and isn't cheesy or contrived. The production value was incredible and of course the acting was amazing. I posted a link in a earlier post that has a clip of the movie. The clip doesn't really make sense if you haven't seen the movie but it does show the acting and the production value. For those who have KBYU keep your eyes open for this movie, because as far as I know that's all the distribution it is getting right now. I hope they do more with it.



This is Tom Russel, the director. He's a really funny guy and randomly knows Hank's uncles Scott and Mckay. He made a great movie. I hope he gets it into some film festivals.



This woman starred in the movie. She wrote the original version which was a one woman show. She was SO good. She is also the head of the acting track program at BYU. She is going to direct Macbeth this winter with Hank as Macbeth...I am so proud!



Our supportive friends! I don't have a picture of her but Mandy's roommate Diantha came. Mandy said she had to come because her name was Diantha. I thought was so sweet that she actually did!

3 comments:

Erica said...

I will be on the lookout on KBYU :)

Kika VilaNova said...

Isn't that woman with Hank called Bartha Heiner? She is awesome! I miss acting...

I will be looking foward to watch this film :)

whitney said...

Congrats to Hank for all his success. It seems like he's a pretty talented and busy guy! I'll have to tell my parents to keep an eye out for the movie.