Saturday, August 1, 2009

Looking back over the last 5 years

Hank and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary on July 31st. That's what our Disneyland extravaganza was all about. I love my husband so much and we've had a wonderful 5 years! I really do feel like the luckiest woman in the whole world.


Here we are on our wedding day July 31, 2004. I was 19 and he was 21. A lot of people were concerned because we were so young, but when it's right it's right.


A year later, after a year at BYU we moved back to California for the summer to work at a day camp. Hank's beard began...I made him shave it eventually. I wasn't yet used to Hank's changing hair styles.



We found outselves back in California in year two after spending 10 months in China teaching English. My hair short because of a crazy haircut I got in China.


I couldn't resist...look how skinny Hank is! He lost 30 pounds in China. He says he doesn't want to know why he was so skinny, he must have been sick or something.


Now we are back into the swing of things. Another year of school under our belt and we are visiting California (notice that's where I take all my pictures...I really love it here).


This is last year, we had our anniversary dinner at the bombay house in Provo. I was pregnant in this picture and didn't know it yet, little did I know what awaited me.


And that brings us up to date! I remember waiting to get married and thinking about what it would be like after we were married for 5 years. I thought that that was too far away and it would never happen. I was hoping to have a baby by then, to have traveled and to be done with school. I got all my wishes! But even if I didn't, I married the perfect man for me and life would be wonderful still. How have I been so blessed?

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Big changes in the past 5 years - mostly in your hair styles! Congrats you two!

Unknown said...

You have been blessed, because you are awesome! Love the pics! Here's to the next 5 years!

Will & Cheyenne said...

Congrats you guys!!

whitney said...

Congrats on the Big 5, y'all! I love the picture idea. Heaven knows I'd be lucky to get five pictures of spencer and I total :P

You're looking fabulous post-baby, by the way!

Michael + Anna Costa Photographers said...

I'm totally crying right now...big surprise...