Sunday, March 27, 2011

Oh just some fun stuff

Sam has discovered that the glass over the fireplace shows his reflection. He loves being a fireman and whenever he wears his hat he has to see how cool he looks. Sometimes he even giggles.

My birthday was this week. We celebrated by rock climbing at a rocking climbing gym. We did the free form rock climbing because it was cheaper and we didn't need to learn any special skills. It was so hard! Both of our muscles were burning and I was sore all day the next day. Here is the problem with doing something new on a whim; you want to adopt it as a new hobby. I don't have time or money to invest into a rock climbing hobby but never the less I am excited to find new venues for this activity. It was really fun and challenging and I hope I can find a cheap way to do it more regularly.

Indian food, my absolute favorite. We found this small place a few months ago and have been dying to go back. It was so delicious except the food came out way too spicy. Normally I would be so so disappointed but when we told the manger, he was so concerned for my well being that he gave me a free mango drink and lots of yogurt to tame the food down. Despite the spiciness we left with smiles on our faces. Doesn't that just go to show what good service can for a business?

Sam has now started noticing his friends. It is really cute because when he is with someone he likes he gets this overwhelming surge of happiness and bursts out with laughter and glee and then attempts to gently hug his friend. It always ends up with both parties on the floor, sometimes tears are involved. The girl in this picture was a prime candidate for snuggling because not only was she a friend, she was a "baby". Fortunately Hank served as a protective barrier between the girl and the floor.

One of Sam's favorite pass times: smelling candles. We have spent over an hour in Bath and Body Works before smelling candles. I can say the same for Pier 1 imports, Target and Hallmark. We have a shared passion. If I am at the mall and I need to get somewhere, I have to take alternate routes so he won't recognize the prime candle smelling stores. Once he has spotted a candle to smell, it's all over, I have to stop everything and... well, have him smell the candles.

3 comments:

whitney said...

lol at the candles! How cute!

I know what you mean about the rock climbing, it can be addictive (even for someone as desperately afraid of heights as me). We, luckily, have all the stuff from Spencer's younger days but don't have the money to pay for the venue :P

...and now I'm craving indian food and a mango drink ;)

Anna said...

I love that Sam likes seeing himself with the fireman's hat on. He is so unbelievably cute!!!! xoxo

Will & Cheyenne said...

Happy late birthday Leah!!

We love rock climbing too!!