Sunday, April 10, 2011

Sam turned Two

I might have gone a little overboard for Sam's birthday, but I can't help it, I really love celebrating. His Birthday fell on Conference weekend. Here he is enjoying some waffles and strawberries.

We had the missionaries and my friend Caryl over for breakfast before conference. Hank's uncle and his family came over a bit later. I love enjoying Conference with friends and family.

In between sessions we had a little family party outside on the benches in our apartment complex. Those are Hank's cousins and his aunt. Such an attractive family!


We came back inside for presents, cookies and ice cream. Sometimes I need to just stop buying him presents! The attractive Florence family gave him a fire engine. He wanted nothing else after that. He got a little loony during this period of time. I think he had a bit too much of a good thing.
Here I am with my dear friend Traecy. We are building Sam's birthday cake for his party. She has an amazing talent for cake decorating. I have never made such a cool cake and it was an absolute blast.

I can't believe I actually had a part in this amazing creation. After it was done Sam wanted to do nothing else but stare at it.

Party! I was going to have Sam's party at a park but the weather didn't cooperate so I changed locations last minute to our apartment. I think I liked it better because we could dance and there is nothing cuter to me then a bunch of little shaking bums.
We played the freeze dance game where if they froze they got a sticker on their face. I saw one of the little girls later on in the day and she still had four stickers scattered on her face! The best was that Sam had the most fun of anyone. He dancing,jiving, just giggling and laughing throughout the whole game. I think he was just tickled to have all his friends playing along with him all at the same time!

This picture is so hilarious. Look how desperate Sam looks for cake. He is trying so hard to restrain himself but won't last much longer.

Later that day we went to the grand opening for the new play place at the mall. Oh my goodness! isn't that a spectacle! Sam was in such a good mood the whole time. He would play, run around and then spot us on the other end of the play place, drop everything run towards us, giggling joyfully the whole way. He would then collapse in our arms and tickle our faces while saying 'mama, dada, mama, dada". There really isn't a better feeling then seeing your child so purely happy.

The next day was Rocklin Library's celebration kick-off for national library week. There was face painting, balloon animals, theatrical skits, and magic shows. We spent an hour and half there and an hour and 15 minutes of that were spent watching these two trains. He's obsessed.

I did manage to grab a balloon flower. Some mocked saying he should have a sword or something more "boy like", no I insisted, my boy likes to smell the flowers. Was I right or was I right?

4 comments:

Hank said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
danniey said...

That looks like so much fun! And I can't believe that cake; it is awesome!!! Isn't this age just SO fun?!

Gramma Marty said...

Happy Birthday Dear Samshine, Happy Birthday to You!!!! Thank you for sharing all your fun activities celebrating Sam V's 2nd Birthday. Wish we could have been there too!!! His lips are just too kissable!!!!

whitney said...

Happy Birthday Big Boy!!! Goodness, how did he get to be 2? Gotta say, you're possibly the funnest mom ever.