Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Pregnancy Update

I am 17ish weeks along now and even though people say I am not showing that much I feel like I obviously am! I have already gained the same amount of weight that I gained my entire pregnancy with Sam (I was so sick :( ) I must have had a really good day the last time I posted because the morning sickness definitely didn't leave me. I have been constantly nauseous throwing up nearly everyday sometimes several times a day.  Fortunately I feel like the last few days something has been lifted and I am starting to feel a bit better. I really don't want to jinx it though because last time I thought I felt better everything got almost worse! Lets just hope if I am sick the entire time like I was with Sam I will a good attitude about it and keep my head above water. My husband and my son have been my anchors during these last few months of sickness. Seeing Sam grow and talk really puts things in perspective. For example the other night I was putting him down for bed and told him I was going to go. He requested another kiss and I told him I would give him three "one, two, three..goodnight" his response "four?", oh alright and I gave him another, his next response "ten?". In those moments I just realize it's all worth it. Hank and I celebrated our 7 year anniversary a week ago and I just feel so grateful to be creating a life with him. He is my hero and my angel. 

I have felt the baby a bit but it's slight and sometimes I have a hard time knowing if it's the baby or the war that is constantly happening in my stomach. I know I felt a definite "pow" a few days ago. I am so anxious for all the movement soon to be felt. It makes it so real and exciting at that point.

Other than that no major changes (at least none I want to publish on the web). The next time I do a pregnancy update I will probably know the sex of the baby. I am hoping to find out in a least three weeks. So go ahead and guess, it's fun! Hank and I are prepared for names either way and I honestly have no inclination if it's a boy or a girl so give us your ideas!

I have a lot more updating to do that isn't pregnancy related so we'll see if I can get enough energy to get to that!

4 comments:

Anna said...

I'm glad you are (or at least did) feel better. I'm hoping it sticks! I miss you guys SO much! I just FB stalked all your pictures to look at Sam.... xoxo

Unknown said...

I guess boy! You are definitely showing. And you look so cute!

Will & Cheyenne said...

So glad you are feeling better!!

Tara Winchester said...

Just wondering how it is being sick with a toddler? I was sooo sick my first pregnancy and I am really worried about how I am going to be able to take care of my toddler when I get pregnant again. Any advice?