Monday, August 29, 2011

Ultra-sound (s)

I am usually such a consistent blogger but this pregnancy has really taken it's toll. The big news is that we went in for the 20 week ultra-sound. Here is what happened: the ultra-sound technician was really dim. I could barely understand anything he said. He seemed nice enough but should probably not have a job where he is interacting with pregnant women. He was so focused on getting measurements and the right picture he barely explained what was going on. I felt like I was getting my leg x-rayed, not having the ultra-sound to see my growing baby! Then I felt like my world came to a crashing halt. I am measuring at 16 weeks not 19 weeks. The technician told us it was too early to tell the sex. I felt pretty disappointed after that. It is difficult for me to feel sick constantly and to know that I have to go through it a month longer than I thought is a bit discouraging. I have to admit I am feeling much better now but at the time I was doubled over with sickness probably from the disappointment. Here are some pictures...it is an absolute miracle that my body is creating this.




I told a friend about my experience and she said if I am really anxious to know the sex of the baby I should go to another ultra-sound technician who will tell you the sex as early as 16 weeks. So that is exactly what I did. Hank and I were just thrilled about the whole experience. Her office was comfortable with a big screen TV displaying the imaging. She was kind, friendly and could tell the sex right away (it was a bit obvious). We smiled, laughed and got teary eyed. I told Hank from now on we are having our own 16 week ultra-sound before we do any other ultra-sounds. Maybe I am picky but that experience really helps me get excited about my pregnancy and so it better be a good one! So now are you ready to know?


Those are cars PJ's. We bought them right after we found out, a little tradition. I am beside myself with joy. I am going to have two little boys! This is one of those times where I love modern day technology. Happy day!

8 comments:

Anna said...

OMG I AM SOOOOOOO EXCITED!!! WHAT WONDERFUL NEWS! WE LOVE YOU SO MUCH! XOXO

Gramma Marty said...

What a good looking grandson!!! I think he has the cutest profile....could it be a cusworth nose ? Feel better dear Leah....I'm so happy for you and Hank and Sam!!!!

Whitney said...

Yay for boys! Oh Sam is going to love having a brother! How fun! I hope you feel better soon!

Julie said...

Awww, your post made me tear up. My middle two boys are best friends and it melts my heart. Yeah for brothers!

Heather Melo said...

Yeah! I'm so excited for you guys! I know you would have been just as happy with a girl (who wouldn't?!) BUT it is SOOO wonderful having two boys or two girls together so they can be best buds (though sister Leah would add I'm sure that boy/girl combos do just fine, too!) Anyway, CONGRATS!

Unknown said...

I am so excited for you!!!! I am glad that you got to find out the gender anyway. Did you have to pay for that? I've wondered if I should go try to get another ultrasound, but not enough to pay a lot of money. 2 boys right next to each other is going to be so great! Also, did they change your due date?

Unknown said...

I am so excited for you!!!! I am glad that you got to find out the gender anyway. Did you have to pay for that? I've wondered if I should go try to get another ultrasound, but not enough to pay a lot of money. 2 boys right next to each other is going to be so great! Also, did they change your due date?

whitney said...

congrats! congrats! congrats! Little boys are so much fun :)