Sunday, May 27, 2012

Post just for the heck of it

For the past month Hank and I have been eating quite differently from normal. We decided we wanted to take charge of our health and so we did a month long experiment where we ate only plant food (with the exception of some yogurt, ghee and honey) and 50% of that would be raw. The first week and half we ate only raw plant food. It was hard at first and I felt pretty weird but now that the month is over I feel way more energetic and have lost almost all my pregnancy weight. I can't foresee us going back to eating any other way. I thought it would be hard doing this diet with a 3 year old around but Sam cracks me up with what he'll eat. Above he's eating an Indian dahl dish above which is cooked with an assortment of spices including fennel. One of his favorite snacks is cut up tomatoes and cucumbers with a green smoothie. I have a lot of fun putting strange things on his plate to see what he does. He never fails to surprise me on what he wants more of. I am praying Milo will be this easy going with food.

Sam is investigating the first radish picked from our garden. He wasn't as thrilled about when he ate it. Well I guess he'll try most things but is very clear when he doesn't like it. "Mom what was that?! I need something else. I need a different food"

The season of splash parks has begun! Sam thought this was just wicked.

I remember when being cold was fun.

Safety Day! a day for Sam. There were fire trucks, ambulances, police cars, motorcycles, booths, games, men in uniform etc. etc. It was one of those times when you feel like a good parent when you don't have to do much at all.

Sam kept telling us "this is awesome!". He's pretty cool with his free give-away glasses.

Some friends of ours had a baby girl on December 14th just like Milo! It's been fun to see how they compare size wise as they grow. I think Milo is starting to hold his own. He rolled over a few times that during our visit and I think he was trying to impress his birthday mate. I can't blame him, she is pretty cute too.

So I am on the stationary bike and I look down for a second and see this face shining back at me. This is a common occurrence in our home. Milo why are you such a delight!

One of Milo's first experiences with the pool or I should say spa. I think he loved it because a few minutes later he fell asleep while I was holding him. What could be better than being cuddle with mom in warm water? I love soothing him because he responses with such satisfaction. Ohhh I just love him!

2 comments:

secwalker said...

I didnt realize you had posted TWO new posts! The boys are so so cute. I miss them!

Anna said...

So cute!