Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Trips and Visits

I decided to take a last minute trip down to So Cal to see my brother before he gets married and moves far away. It was a delightful trip but a little sad to have to accept change in the family. Milo and his cousin Georgianna became fast friends. They have a lot in common. They both like to sit in their Bumbos and put toys in their mouths.

I would say the highlight of the trip for Sam was visiting the "model train train museum" which is essentially a model train town run by some enthusiasts next to a museum. Sam could name all the different types of trains and impressed everyone. The highlight for the trip for me was all the time I got to spend with my brother. I really hope my kids end up being as close to their siblings as I am to mine.

I just told him he could stay up late and watching "The Killing" with us. As you can tell he got really excited.

California State Fair! The petting zoo was a big highlight, though it took a while to warm up to the idea of large animals sticking their enormous tongues in your face.

Sam was a pro after a few courageous tries.

The wizard room! it was like a mini children's museum. Sam didn't make many friends as he kept knocking down everyone's blocks and then wrestling with the blocks on the floor.

Bethany ans Sean! My sister and her fiance took a road trip down to my parent's house and we were one of the stops along the way. Yeah for us! Sam was beside himself with joy. I think he has a crush on Bethany. I told Sam that Bethany and Sean were getting married and his response was "Bethany and Sean are getting married? Bethany and Sam are getting married!"

We had a blast with them. Here we are hiking, swimming and talking on the American river. I think Sam is now either used to the idea of Sean marrying Bethany or thinks he has to be like Sean to get Bethany. Sam continued to say "I'm like Sean! I'm kind of like him". Maybe Sam just really admires Sean which I am thrilled about.I am even more thrilled Bethany is marrying such a sweet guy. Yeah for Sean!

1 comment:

Stefanie said...

I love Milo's face while he is sitting in the exersaucer. So glad you can use it .. And get it out of my garage for a while. =o) what a fun trip for you and your family. Glad you guys are having such a great summer.