Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Our first camping trip with Sam

So Hank had a couple days off from work so we decided to go on a camping trip! We went to McGrath beach and had an amazing time.



Sam is beautiful in this picture.



Our family at our site. Sam is looking all around.



My dad came down for the night. We ate and made music, it was so fun!



Sam was memorized by the fire as we all are.



We are in the tent, but you probably can't tell. He was the most lively in the tent. I think it's because it was so windy and it made lots of noise against the fabric of the tent. We were having a lot of fun when this picture was taken.



Our walk to the beach the next day was beautiful, as you can tell.



Our little bundle of joy!



After the beach we went to the Channel Islands museum.



Sam is looking at the tide pool. It was very interesting to him.



Next we went to a park, where we flew a kite, lost it and and then found it again. This is the flying part of the story. Sam slept a lot.



Our walk at the Ventura beach. So beautiful, I love California.



We went swimming after the trip to clean off. As far as I can tell Sam loves water.



I love my family!

As you probably could tell, I also cut my hair. It's really short and I think I like it. that's all I have to say about that.

10 comments:

The Wards said...

You 2 are amazing parents! I am not surprised in the least, but Sam is certainly one lucky little boy!

Aubrey said...

What a fun outing! Sam is such a cute little baby. He is growing so much. AND I L.O.V.E your new haircut! It looks great on you. I love short hair too!

Unknown said...

I think your hair looks so good on you!! Sam seems like such a sweetie.

Nat said...

I LOVE the haircut!!! It's so fresh, so chic! Very New York.

Will & Cheyenne said...

Glad to see you guys are still getting out even with the new baby. Love your hair!

Heather Melo said...

Camping! I'd LOVE to go camping at the beach! Though I'm not sure how sleeping would work out in a tent with Alicey and Olivia...

Michael + Anna Costa Photographers said...

AHHHHHHHHHH!!! I can't believe you cute your hair! I just saw you on Sunday and you had your hair - and now you don't ! It looks amazing (I don't think there is anyway that you could do your hair and for it to look bad - even if you were bald!)

It really reminds me of when you cute your hair so short in elementary school! :) xoox, Anna

danniey said...

Oh my gosh! I need more pictures of your haircut! I would never be that daring. It looks great on you! Camping looks like it was fun. There's a ward campout next week, but I think we might be too wimpy to go. Seeing your pictures, though, it looks doable!

secwalker said...

It's the cutest thing ever that you all took a family vacation with little Sam. He does seem to be riveted by the tide pools :) I'm getting a haircut this Thursday, but I think I'll keep about a foot more than you did - you can pull it off :)

Jennifer said...

Leah, the haircut looks great! Very chic! We love the sweet family pictures of you, Hank and Sam. Looks like you are having a fun summer, it makes me miss CA when I read your blog.