Saturday, March 13, 2010

My Brother is Home!!!

My brother is back from his mission. He served for two years in the Sao Paulo East Mission. I can't believe he is back! We all missed him so much! Here is my family waiting for him.

We were all so excited when he arrived; screaming, crying, hugging and laughing. It was neat. Sam got a little scared during the big group hug. Isn't my brother just so handsome?

First moments with Sam. I can tell they are going to be close friends.

We headed over to my grandpa's house. My brother lived with my grandpa before he left for his mission as he was going to school and he is going to move back in soon. So he got to see him roommate again!
During lunch my brother told us all sorts of mission stories. He is such a good storyteller. He has been speaking only Portuguese for basically two years so he often will throw in Portuguese words without realizing it. He also has a different inflection in his voice as well. It's really entertaining to watch.

After grandpa's we headed over to my other grandparent's house and surprised them. So much love for my brother, that's the way it should be. Later on we webcamed with my older sister who will be here next week. I will have to keep posting when that happens. It's just so fun to have him back! I love him so much1

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, that's the mission I served in. I'd love to know what areas he served in!

secwalker said...

oh jeez, I wasn't super sad about not getting to see Dan at the airport until I saw the pictures. oh boo. At least we get to see you all in two days!

Miriam Herm said...

i love your brother too. ask ryan. so does my dad (but you knew that).

whitney said...

So exciting! yay! yay! My very first thought was...wow, he looks Leah, lol.