Thursday, March 25, 2010

Sam's Birthday and other fun stuff

 
Sam's birthday isn't until April 6th but since we left for England on Tuesday I wanted to have it early so my whole family could be there.Here is Bethany, Kelsy and Summer preparing for the party. It was a dinosaur party and so we had all kinds of treats.

This is a dinosaur landscape made with all sorts of fun stuff.

Dinosaur deviled eggs
Dinosaur cake! So fun to make.

After a game of "animal" but dinosaur style and a show put on by Avery (my niece) we opened presents. Sam took this very seriously as you can tell.

He made out!

We then watched a video/slideshow I made about his first year of life. Thinking about this past year with him made me really emotional. I can't believe how fast it all goes by. Makes you just want to apreciate what time you do have. After the video the famous cake eating!

Not much survived. Sam is showing off with his signature heads tilt move.

In other news my sister and her family came down to visit and be with my brother who just got back from his mission. We had so much fun this last weekend making Brazilian food, watching movies, going for walks, parks and just being together. Sam's expressions tells all.

Such a nice family, do you think?

We left for England the next day. It felt pretty long but Sam did so well. The only problem was the long flight from Chicago to Copenhagen. Sam had a few meltdowns and would only sleep in my arms. I was so uncomfortable and well as you can tell I didn't sleep at all. He was amazing though. He slept on all our other flights just fine. What a boy! I am just glad we are finally here.


Here we are in Birminghim where Leah (Hank's sister) and her family lives. We traveled around the city today and really had a nice time. So all is well and we are loving our vacation and are happy to see Leah, Martin, Oliver and Katya!



7 comments:

eebs said...

The dino landscape and dino eggs are the COOLEST thing ever!!!!!!
I'm so inspired!! I'm totally having a dino birthday this year!
<3

Sarah said...

Love the dino landscape. Very artsy!
What a fun trip! I think Lou would never sleep, she won't sleep in our arms - crib only

Will & Cheyenne said...

I can not believe he it one!!! That's crazy!
What fun at Disneyland!!

Aubrey said...

WOW! I can't believe your baby is one! have fun in England.:)

whitney said...

SUCH a cute party! I'm definitely going to have to steal some of those ideas!

Happy (almost) Birthday, Sam!

Have fun in England, I'm crazy-jealous!

Kristyn said...

Sam is already a year? What?? Crazy. And what a fun trip you guys have going on - have a blast! Can't wait to see the pics!! I love Europe.

danniey said...

Wow, you guys must be having so much fun! I just started thinking abot what to do for Cal's party. Isn't it crazy how fast it went?! Have fun in England. I am jealous!