Sunday, March 28, 2010

This is what we have been up to


I really want to document all the English food we are eating because I always hear jokes about how mediocre English food is and so I want to get a taste of it for myself so I can make my own opinion and so far...SO GOOD! Of course I am not that harsh of a critic and I haven't had much yet. Here we are eating cornish pasties. 

 
 Sausage and Mash



 
 This is the "seaside" in ChristChurch, a little village near on the coast. 

Here is the church. Cool uh?

Here we are at Stonehenge. It was freezing because of the wind. Hank and I wanted to enjoy the audio guide they gave us but gave up half-way through because Sam was screaming and we both were freezing. I don't feel like I missed much because the guide would repeat over and over how mysterious the whole structure is and how no one really knows anything about it. The thing I find interesting is that this was an ancient site even before the Romans invaded. No wonder nobody knows anything.

Salisbury Cathedral. It's a bit mind boggling.

This is the first ancient Cathdral I have ever been in, it sorta took my breath away.

Anyway, more updates to come!


6 comments:

Heather Melo said...

I'm so excited that you guys are having this amazing opportunity!!! Can't wait to hear all about it first hand!

Unknown said...

You are making me jealous for English food! And that you get to be seeing and experiencing all of this cool stuff!

Will & Cheyenne said...

Keep posting! Loving it!

whitney said...

Can I just say how jealous I am? so, so, so incredibly jealous! I've been dreaming of seeing those cathedrals for so long now. Take an extra-long look for me!

secwalker said...

Hey! I'm so glad you're posting from England. That's awesome. And mom and I went to Stonehenge and Salisbury, so maybe we stepped in the same spot :)

Kelty said...

What an awesome trip Leah!!! I can just see you laughing your beautiful laugh infront of the eiffel tower. Duane and I are planning on a couple of weeks in London in August - What brought you two there? I'd LOVE to catch up if you have the time. COME TO CHICAGO if you want too, our home is right downtown by all the sights. Anyway, I'll step out of my dream world where you and Hank came to stay for a couple of days, I know times are busy, just as long as you know the door is always open. What's your email? I've forgotten :)

Best regards,

Kelty