Sunday, April 11, 2010

Easter and more England stuff...

We had an English Easter. On Saturday we went to this cute outdoor museum called the Black Country Museum. It was all about the black country area and what life has been like for people in that area. For the Easter holiday they had some traditional English activities; included was egg rolling which Oliver, Katya and even baby Sam participated in. Easter here is a little different. They don't have Easter baskets, instead everyone gets a huge chocolate egg and eats lots and lots of chocolate. It's right up my alley!

Leah made a pork roast and we ate English roast potatoes, brussel sprouts and green beans for our Easter dinner. It was so yummy! Leah inspires me with her cooking. We celebrated Katya's birthday that evening by decorating cupcakes and opening presents. During dinner Katya turned to me and said "Leah, this is all for me".

 Curries are a really big deal here. Leah and Martin along with Martin's brother and girlfirend, Matt and Trudy took us to a Bangladeshi resturant. Hank and I ordered a "banquet" dinner for two thinking it was an easy way to order and get a little of everything. Little did we know the insane amount of food that would be brought out.  So after stuffing ourselves with declious curry we took the rest home and enjoyed the magic the next night. I am now so imspired to learn how to make curries.


Here we are in Stratford-upon-Avon at Shakespeare's birth place. That was a fun and interesting day. I am suddenly in mood to watch Kenneth Branagh's Hamlet.

This was fun and exhausting day...Warwick castle. It's like a theme park as well as a historic sight, so there was  alot to do for the adults and the kids. Look how cute Sam's smile is.

 Sam basically worships Oliver. He gets so excited when Oliver is playing with him and wants to follow him around everywhere. I know someday they are going to be troublemakers together.

 Just yesterday we went to the Preston Temple. Hank and I switched off watching Sam so we could both do a session. It was really nice. We are having a lot of fun and are going to be sad to leave. We have just a few more days left and it has been such a neat experience.

5 comments:

Violet said...

How did I miss that you were going to England? No wonder you didn't call me back about park day :0). This is what I get for hiding out in nursery for the last 3 months. Only a few more weeks and Ben can be in there alone. I can't wait to hear all about your trip!

Jennifer said...

It is so awesome that you are in England. I love London and have really enjoyed your postings about your English adventures. Makes me want to go back. I can't believe Sam is one year! Time does go by fast. I see Calvin and he has grown so much too. Glad to see you guys happy and healthy.

whitney said...

I love the idea of the egg roll...oh, and the chocolate. Must have the chocolate ;)

secwalker said...

So fun! Hey, you guys seem to be doing all the things mom and I did. I have a picture at Warwick castle next to the "Way Down" sign. Did you see that one? One of my favorite things about England was its signs.

Michael + Anna Costa Photographers said...

Wow! I'm SOOOO jealous of all your amazing adventures!! I LOVE it that sam has the biggest smile in all the pictures. Can't wait to see you soon!! xoxo