Sunday, December 4, 2011

Caryl's Baptism

This baptism has been a long time coming and it was a big event for our family. My sweet friend Caryl and I met a little over a year ago. Our friendship sparked unexpectedly because of a not so pleasant incident. I backed into her car and left a gigantic dent. That's how we met and in just a years time we are like family. The Lord works in mysterious ways. It was year ago when I first invited her to the Ward Christmas party. Since then she's had several sets of missionaries come teach her weekly. I have gotten so attached to so many of those Elders and now I have a whole line of suitors I am waiting to introduce to my little sister. The baptism was so neat. Her whole family came and were so supportive. Hank sang O Holy Night with one of our current missionaries and it was so inspiring. I nervously muddled my way through a talk on the Holy Ghost and managed not to cry too much. I got to see an old Elder who came back to baptism Caryl, her request. It was a really neat atmosphere and I just marveled at the love and support from missionaries and from the Ward. This journey with Caryl has really enriched my life and I always be grateful the Lord gave me this opportunity to be a part of it, even if it meant I had to bang up a friend's car.

 Here we are with our missionary who left our area in June. I am currently trying to bend the rules so I can have him and his companion over for dinner once a month even though he's not in our area. I just missed him too much. Caryl would be thrilled! They have such a fun dynamic.

Our current missionaries are on either side and are just incredible, they work so hard. I have to keep these boys in my mind so I have a goal on what I want for Sam. Caryl was all smiles all night which meant everything. There are few times you get to have experiences such as these so it's important to treasure them.

2 comments:

Anna said...

THis is so wonderful! xoxo

Michael + Anna Costa Photographers said...

Leah, that is so beautiful and awesome!