Sunday, December 4, 2011

November Adventures


Hank and I spent Thanksgiving away from each other this year so we needed a family day before I left town. What could be better than the Sacramento Children's Museum! I would say it was fun for the whole family but Sam was hard at work the whole time.

They had a cool glass window you could paint on. This is such a Hank thing to do.

We spent hours at the Museum and probably half of that time watching this ball blowing contraption. I swear Hank was more into all the activities than Sam was.

7 months along. Well I am more like 71/2 now. Things are well actually. My only complaint is I think my baby is resting on my sciatic nerve and it gets really painful. I have hard time walking and pretty much everyone makes fun of me. I don't mind, I look really funny. Honestly after 6 months of being sick to my stomach I don't mind much anymore.

Sam and I spent Thanksgiving with my family and Hank stayed home. He actually got to see a bunch of family that came into town. We both had fun but it was just sad we couldn't be together. When Sam and I arrived in SoCal we found this awesome indoor play gymnasium. Sam was thrilled because Aunt Beff came. He way preferred her to me, probably because I limping around like a 90 year old woman and Beff is a lot more fun.


Have I mentioned Sam's obsession with concrete mixer trucks? During a visit to the mall I saw this truck and Sam was beside himself. My Son is sorta a nerd. He loves concrete mixer trucks, mail boxes and smoke detectors. I have no answers.

I love visiting my family more for Sam than myself now a days. He absolutely adores his Aunts,Uncles and Grandparents. These two laid on the couch for probably a half hour and the whole time Sam kept saying "cuddling on the couch with Beff!". He was so proud. Gosh she is pretty even when she first wakes up.

He loves Anna just as much. Notice he's trying to pinch her face...that's a sign of true love he only reserves for a few. I am proud to say I have many little nicks and scratches on my face...... Yeah, we're working on that.

Is there anything more fun than this? My primary reason for coming down was to be with my sister for the birth of her baby. Georgianna Costa came four days after this picture was taken. Anna was incredible and I feel so indebted to her for allowing me to be there. She did it all on her own, no intervention and I just marveled. What an amazing woman my sister is. She also made an incredibly beautiful baby (with a bit of Mike's help of course :)) My camera died a day before the birth so unfortunately I don't have any baby pictures to post, but just trust me her baby is gorgeous...just like her.

We had a family day in Ventura and this was what the museum had on exhibit. I just like this picture. My brother has this weird side of him where he's intrigued with anything Gothic so he was thrilled. Sam just wants to be cool like Uncle Dan. We had such a fun time with the family and I wish I had more pictures of Sam with his Grandparents but I know we'll get lots of those for Christmas.

1 comment:

secwalker said...

Oh sigh, I love seeing pics of the family but hate that I wasn't there to enjoy it all. Sam IS so cute and you'd definitely be forgiven for kissing the computer screen!