Friday, May 22, 2009

A surprising moment

Being a brand new parent just brings about so many unexpected emotions. The other night Hank and I wanted to go see Star Trek. I didn't want to bring Sam along because it would be too stressful if he got fussy in the movie theater. So we decided to leave him with Hank's parents (you couldn't find better babysitters). I honestly didn't think anything about it, but as we were driving away I almost started crying. It's so strange, Hank and I were married 4 1/2 years before we had Sam and so I am very used to it being just the two of us. But sitting in that car with only Hank I felt like a huge part of us was missing and I wanted it back. The movie was awesome but as soon as the credits came up I bolted out of that theater so I could be with my little boy again. I am beginning to realize that I need him so much more than he needs me.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I know how that feels! Even now that Q is older and he runs me around in circles, I still hate to leave him.

secwalker said...

Like it wouldn't matter if they took away Christmas :)

Brittny said...

I totally know what you mean! My sister's wedding is next Saturday and I'm panicking slightly at the idea of leaving our Sam outside the temple with my brothers, and my sister's roommate and several other highly qualified people. I never thought I'd be an overprotective parent - I guess I was wrong :P

Will & Cheyenne said...

I still cry when I leave my kids for a long time (like mostly several days).
Don't forget though how important it is for you and Hank to have time alone as a couple. Hank sometimes will need you to be his "wife" only.....and that will make you both better parents. Your children learning that your marriage is super important will provide tremendous comfort to them.....and help them not become to selfish. :)

Jennifer said...

The feelings and emotions of a wonderful, loving mother!

Kika VilaNova said...

i know exactly how you feel. the first times I left Olivia, even if for 10 minutes, I would start crying and get all freaked out. talk about separation anxiety!! it's getting better for me now, after 2 months, but i don't trust many people with her. those babies are so cute that we hate leaving them!

hugs!