Friday, January 21, 2011

Paper

I really enjoy making paper and fiddling with paper crafts. Paper has actually brought me a lot of joy and at times has been my therapy.These are my most recent paper creations 
Making paper can be very spontaneous and often exciting. I like incorporating new colors and torn scraps in hopes of a happy accident.

I just love texture.

I really enjoy decorating paper as well and I try to incorporate my papers into my family journal. I know that scrap booking is changing a lot now a days. With blogs and digital photo books it doesn't seem worth it to spend so much time and money making a scrap book anymore. I don't think I will ever give up my family journal. There is something so intriguing about hand made crafts. I really enjoy the quirts and mistakes that occur when something is homemade. My journal is chalk full of accidents, mistakes and messy handwriting. For me it works and is very satisfying.


I really enjoy the designs of scrap booking paper. Here are some panels I made for Sam's room. Excuse the little man below.






Ahh paper. The world of paper is a never ending flow of creativity and energy. I really love paper.

4 comments:

danniey said...

So cool, Leah! I wish we lived closer so we could make things together. I love everything in Sam's room.

Also, you should go to Japan and check out all of their paper. It is so beautiful. How about we go together? We'll stop at Tokyo Disneyland, too?!

Jon and Kari-Lynn Tarleton said...

so good to hear from you. your little guy is adorable!!!

whitney said...

I just adore your panels! I'm so impressed that you make paper...you're so darn creative sometimes that it kills me!

secwalker said...

I'm so jealous - we're really going to try to visit this spring. Only, I won't be offended if Sam decides not to like me QUITE as much as Anna :) Unless he's moved onto giving hugs at that point.

I love the paper crafts!